The RINK’s commitment to the health and safety of our valued patrons and staff continues to be of high priority.
Please take a moment to review the following protocol prior to visiting Rink Training Centre:
• All persons must stay home when ill and are not allowed entry if they are ill with COVID-19 symptoms
• All public persons must use the self-screening tool prior to arrival:
• Verification of Self-Screening will occur each day at arrival for all persons by a RINK employee.
• On-line screening data and check in sheets will be retained for 30 days in the event they are required for contact tracing
• Masks are mandatory in the facility with the exception of being on-ice for participants
General Facility Protocols:
• Participants are required to arrive “ready to train” with the exception of helmet and skates.
• Arrival is permitted 15 minutes prior to training time. Participants are expected to exit within 15 minutes
• A lace-up station will be available inside the front door
• Spectators are not permitted at this time
• All persons are expected to space themselves out, maintaining 6ft radius when entering the facility
• All occupants are expected to use instructed entrance, exits, drop-off and pick-up areas
• All persons MUST sanitize upon entry
• Entry /Exit points are one-way only. Signage clearly indicates entry and exit points
• All persons are expected to follow directional arrows and maintain physical distancing when moving in the facility
• Occupants are expected to adhere to room capacity maximums as posted on each door
• Hand sanitizer will be made readily available at numerous locations throughout the facility as well as in each dressing room
• Washrooms will be marked off with appropriate distancing and decommissioned showers/sinks/toilets
• Absolutely no consumption or sharing of food or drink
• Congregation will be actively discouraged
Environmental Facility Cleaning Protocols:
• Recommended disinfectant hand sanitizer, hand soap, tissues, lined waste bins, masks and gloves will be available throughout the facility
• Cleaning of high traffic/high touch surfaces frequently throughout the day
• Cleaning of change rooms before and after each individual use
• Cleaning of equipment after each individual use
• Hand sanitizing stations available throughout the facility
• Fire safety has been considered in these procedures
• Participants and coaches are expected to remain in designated marked “stalls”, adhering to physical distancing
• All change rooms have occupancy limits posted. Participants must maintain physical distancing in the dressing rooms
• Use of showers is discouraged. If unavoidable, social distancing is required
• Hand sanitizer dispensers are installed in each room
One on One On-Ice Training:
• Participants are to remain in their dressing room until your coach is ready to escort you to the ice
• Participants are expected to maintain physical distancing on-ice
• Coaches should be aware of distancing measures and speak to athletes using the two-meter rule
• Coaches are required to wear a mask at all times
• Spitting or blowing nose without a tissue is prohibited
• Bench use is not permitted at this time
• Drills should allow for maximum spacing. Contact or battle drills should be avoided
• Exiting the ice should be done in an orderly fashion, avoiding congregation at the gate
One on One Off-Ice / Dryland Training:
• Occupancy limits for dryland training must be adhered to by participants and coaches.
• Occupancy is limited to one on one, individual training to a maximum of 25%.
• Masks are to be worn by participants and staff during these training sessions at all times
• Athletes and coaches are expected to maintain physical distancing requirements
• Hygiene stations and cleaning supplies will be available for participants to use following equipment use
• Shower use is not permitted at this time.
• Water bottles and towels on bench are not be shared.
• All bottles should be labelled with name of owner.
• Water bottles should be filled at home.
• Equipment should be sanitized after each use.
COVID-19 Symptom Protocol:
If an induvial exhibits COVID symptom while in the facility, engage the following protocol:
• Notify a staff member, coach, trainer etc, immediately and isolate the induvial in the designated Quiet Room, keeping their mask on
• The individual must contact local health authorities for further instruction
• The areas the individual occupied must be thoroughly sanitized following their exit
• RINK Staff should complete an incident report
Returning to Play after Illness:
• If an individual was symptomatic but tests negative, they remain isolated until they have no symptoms or as advised by Public Health
• If an individual tests positive, they will be permitted to return after isolating for 10 days, symptom free for 24 hours and have been approved for return to play by Public Health